Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Final Reflection

I think a large part of what I learned throughout this course was understanding how to represent and teach math in many forms, and how it doesn't always have to be taught in the traditional lesson-homework format. I have also learned the value of mathematical puzzles. I intend to use these in my classroom as a way to start class or as spare activities as I have learned that they can make students think outside of the box and apply their knowledge to new situations all while being challenged and having fun!


At the beginning of this course I was mainly basing my opinions and ideas around teaching math on my personal experience as a math student. However having finished this course and also experiencing short practicum, I can see how much math teaching has evolved and the type of math teacher I now want to be. This course has helped me realize how to incorporate cross-curricular opportunities into math lessons as well as creating more project/activity based classes.


My suggestion for next year, very similar to 442 is having more in class time to talk about readings and blog posts. As well, discussing the BC math curriculum more and how it has changed. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for these helpful, interesting reflections and suggestions, and thanks for all your contributions to our classes, Alexa! All the best in 2021!

    ReplyDelete

Unit Plan Final - Math 9 Finance

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jKjrtxYewWAVfiTJKJhHpDOdWBJlQeV/view?usp=sharing Here is the link to my Unit Plan. I have chosen not to a...