Lesson Plan - EDCP 342A - Animal Keychains with Pony Beads
Lesson Overview: This lesson is about creating animal keychains with pony beads and plastic lace.
Content Objectives (What will the students know at the end of the lesson):
Students will be able to:
Understand the separate steps involved with the keychain making process.
Be able to duplicate the keychain making process on their own.
Materials:
Approximately 3 yards of plastic lace
27 pony beads of one colour
22 pony beads of another colour
2 black beads for eyes
Scissors
Tape
Introduction: 1 min.
Explain to the students what we are making in class.
Show a couple examples of other animals made using this method.
Presentation and Demonstration: 7 min.
Walk through each step of the keychain making process.
Explain what can be done with this craft after it is complete.
Conclusion and Extensions: 2 min.
Start a discussion with the students around times where this type of craft could be useful in the classroom. Could it be used to demonstrate shapes or other math concepts for younger students? What else could this craft be used to demonstrate?
Ask students if they have any more questions following the demonstration.
Alexa, do the classmates in your group need to have their own pony beads and plastic lacing? It may be complicated for people to get that in time for tomorrow -- but I'll mention it in a class email!
ReplyDeleteIt is not needed. I have a demonstration prepared!
ReplyDeletea)3b)2c)3d)2e)3f)3 - I am happy with the way my micro teach went and my group members did a fantastic job participating in the lesson! I think next time I will focus on tryin got talk slower.
ReplyDeletea: 3 | b: 3 | c: 3 | d: 2 | e: 2 | f: 3
ReplyDeleteI was very impressed by the clear structure that you followed for your presentation. Nothing felt at all rushed and it was clear that you had made a plan from the outset. All your explanations were very clear and I felt able to ask any questions that I had. If I were to offer advice for improvement, it would be in the area of engaging students throughout the lesson. It was great to have an opportunity for discussion at the end (and of course it is difficult online), but some creative way of enabling us to participate throughout would be great.
Thank you Alexa for the lizard key chain..
ReplyDeleteA- 3
B- 2
C-3
D- 2
E- 3
F- 3
Hi Alexa, thank you so much for your presentation!
ReplyDeletea) 3
b) 3
c) 3
d)
e) 2
f) 2
I felt that overall you were really well organized, had great timing and pacing throughout the lesson. The only thing I felt is that you could have a bit more energy and enthusiasm when speaking. I also really liked your inquiry questions throughout, like the one asking "how do you think we could make the legs" - that was great & ensures we are engaged throughout!
Thanks Alexa. Good reflections and take-aways from your peer and self assessments. Isn't it exciting that the practicum is coming soon?!
ReplyDelete