Self Evaluation: a)3b)3c)2d)2e)3f)2
Overall I think our micro-teach went quite well! I believe we were able to deal with our technical difficulties as best as possible and in a manner which did not appear to the students as stressed or nervous. Although we did not have enough time to complete our entire Kahoot! I do think it went well and for those who participated, they enjoyed it and were very engaged. As well, I think the dynamic between group members was good and we all had appropriate energy levels to keep students engaged.
Following self reflection and reading the evaluations from others, I believe we can work on our timing. However, if we would not have had technical difficulties we would have likely not been as rushed. That being said, technical difficulties are something to account for and be aware of when planning lessons these days as a teacher, as you may end up teaching your lesson on an online platform. As well, I should not have assumed every student knew how to use Kahoot!, so next time I will ensure each student has it set up prior to the lesson so everyone can participate. In a real classroom I would be sure to ask students if they had any questions following each example, I would provide more examples and provide a deeper history on the topic. I would also allow for students to work on questions while I walk around the classroom and help as needed.
Good work! Your group's lesson went well despite some tech and timing issues, and I appreciate your thoughts about the experience gained here.
ReplyDelete